Friday, January 9, 2009

General Musings and Life-related Updates

I'm sitting on my bed, knitting, and fighting a sinus infection. I'm supposed to have an audition Monday, but I doubt I can sing for it. :( I had some leftover antibiotics (the annoying, 4x daily kind) in the house that I am taking along with Zicam and vitamin C in hopes that I can kick it without having to take my at present uninsured ass to a doctor to get a Z-pak. It won't kill me, but I feel like ass. Does anyone take Emergen-C? Cause Airborne turns my stomach and I fear it might have a similar effect.

Sai's second mitten is at the cuff, looking good, and neither of them have thumbs yet. The Doctor is over 16 inches, and will have another photo due in a day or so. I have been invited by the Weinbloom sisters to come over for Doctor watching to accompany my Doctor knitting sometime this week. Rapturous. I found a nifty pattern to adapt for the legwarmers my bff Tia has requested for Christmas, but I either need to get large dpn than I currently have at my disposal, or suck it up and knit them flat to be seamed. Decisions, decisions...

I had my first driving lesson yesterday. Nobody died. I consider that an A+. If all goes according to plan, I could be licensed by the end of March. Fingers crossed. While in practice I now see that it isn't too far fetched; in theory, I still find the concept of Jess the Driver to be utterly ludicrous. I laugh at it still. But it will be lovely to visit my friends' houses that I currently never go to because by public transportation it takes me over 2 hours. By car, it would take under 1 hour in anything but rush hour traffic. Not to mention any job oppertunities it might open up just 20 minutes away in the mythical land of Westchester.

Speaking of jobs, I finally found one, ish. I got a month-long wardrobe crew gig with a great little theatre company called The Prospect Theatre. And it pays! Its a small stipend, and a flat fee at that, but I've done exactly what I'll be doing for them in the past for free. And they seem much nicer here. One more connection, one more resume credit, one step closer to eventual entry into the wardrobe crew union. They make the most money in the professional theatre world. And like, right after that play closes, the production of Romeo and Juliet I'm in (two small parts) begins in earnest rehearsal. I will have to have an understudy in one performance of that because its the same day as my StrawHat audition. Aaaand I'm spending January applying very quickly to grad school. My life tends to define the term "feast or famine". Most of December I was bored literally to tears. Now everyone wants to hang out, rehearse, perform, audition- all at once. I can't catch a break. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment